Monday, October 3, 2011

And My Belly Begins to Rumble...

And so the adventure begins. Sunday I head back to my beloved city for a food filled extravaganza! I start with brunch. Not just any brunch, an unlimited brunch. Four at Yotel in Hell's Kitchen offers an "unlimited small plates and free flowing cocktails" brunch menu for $35 for two hours. I came across a deal from Urban Daddy a month or so back that offered this same brunch, but for 3 hours instead of 2. It was just too good to pass up. So I'll be heading over there this Sunday morning to sample everything, including the Tenderloin Benedict, Mango Mimosas and Bacon Bloody Mary's. YUM! I plan on reporting back to you every tasty little detail surrounding their menu and give you my recommendation.

Next up on my munchie filled Sunday crusade, will be dinner at The Cellar in the Flatiron District, the restaurant arm of Beecher's Handmade Cheese. This 21 and over restaurant sits downstairs of Beecher's and also functions as a working cheese cellar, where they age their house made "Flatiron" I'm very much looking forward to sampling their large array of cheeses. Now this place recently caught my attention because they happen to make a Grilled Cheese Martini. That's right, you read that correctly. Take a moment and let that knowledge soak in. This is a martini in which they soak several grilled cheese sandwiches in vodka for 24 hours, then proceed to make a cocktail with it. Now I'm not too sure about this one. I've read many mixed reviews on this drink but I have to try this for myself and see if it's worth the hype. However, if a grilled cheese martini isn't all it's cracked up to be, I can always find solace in their Curried Cauliflower, Sweet Onion  Mac & Cheese, Beef Short Ribs or any one of their numerous cheese plates. There's never such a thing as too much cheese. 

I have high expectations of both these establishments and I do hope they deliver the goods. If not, I'm sure I'll find somewhere that does and you'll be sure to hear it from me first. Till next time :)

Love, Peace & Bacon Grease <3



No comments:

Post a Comment